Fire kills three waiters in Anambra drinking joint

Three girls suspected to be waiters were reportedly  killed in the early hours of Saturday by fire in a drinking joint in Nnewi, Anambra State.

A source said the facility which is located at Otolo Nnewi caught fire at around 2:30 a.m.

The source of the fire could not be ascertained as of press time.

The source said, “The fire started after the owner of the facility closed for the day, leaving behind three girls.

“She had closed for the day and three girls who slept over in the facility were burnt beyond recognition.

“The three girls could not escape because the facility was locked and there was no exit as of that time,” the source stated.

Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr John Abang confirmed the incident.

He said, “It’s a drinking joint and the waiters who sleepover in the joint lost their lives. Very unfortunate”

He added, “The owner has made useful statement to the police,”.